Assessment of Cortisol Hormonal Level and Relation With Age in Infertile Women With ICSI Outcome
Keywords:cortisol, bloodserum, Follicular Fluid, Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
In human-assisted reproduction both partners need to be evaluated during counseling because causes of infertility are due to male factors and female factors. some body hormones play important role in fertile women and cortisol one of these hormones which is essential for normal ovulation, cortisol usually increases during the follicular phase of the menstrual cycle, play a role in the early stages of follicular development by their interaction with aromatase activity and granulose cell functions. To investigate the correlation of cortisol hormonal level in serum and in follicular fluid that relationship with age in women under Intracytoplasmic sperm injection outcome. Its randomized prospective clinical trial study performance conducting in the Higher Institute for Infertility Diagnosis and Assisted Reproductive Technologies / AlNahrain University, Baghdad-Iraq, during the period from November2021to June 2022. a total of Sixty-three Infertile Iraqi women, who planned to inter intrasytoplasmic sperm injection program. The blood sample and follicular fluid sample obtained from all infertile women inter intracytoplasmic sperm injection program to measure cortisol hormonal level at specific days of this study. There was increase in cortisol level in women aged between (30-40) years, So there was significant finding between cortisol level and this age group and there was increase in cortisol level in women aged < 30 years at the same day and no significant difference in cortisol level in women age more than 40. Significant differences in cortisol level appear in group of women age between (30-40) years, also the same result appears in group of women age more than > 40 years and no significant differences in cortisol level in women aged < 30. No significant differences in cortisol level in all age women group (30-40) years, <30 years ,and the women age > 40 years.
- Ishiura, S. et al. New vaccine therapy for Alzheimer ’ s disease 2019, 6, (1), 1–6. doi: 10.24659/gsr.6.1.
- Olooto, Wasiu Eniola, Amballi, Adebayo Adetola, and Banjo, Taiwo Abayomi , A review of Female Infertility; important etiological factors and management 2012, J. of Microbiology and Biotechnology , 2 , (3), 379-385.
- Agboola, A., (2004) Textbook of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Heinman Educational Books, Ibadan, VOL. 1, pp.174-176.
- Gonçalves, P.B., Portela, V.M., Ferreira, R. and Gasperin, B.G., Role of angiotensin II on follicle development and ovulation 2010. J. Anim. Reprod., 7, 140–5
- De Souza, M.J., Miller, B.E., Loucks, A.B., Luciano, A.A., Pescatello, L.S.,and Campbell, C.G., High frequency of luteal phase deficiency and anovulation in recreational women runners: Blunted elevation in follicle-stimulating hormone observed during luteal-follicular transition1998. J. Clin. Endocrinol Metab., 83, 4220–32.
- Park HJ, Lyu SW, Seok HH, Yoon TK, Lee WS., Anti-Mullerian hormone levels as a predictor of clinical pregnancy in in vitro fertilization /intra cyto plasmic sperm injection-embryo transfer cycles in patients over 40 years of age 2015. Clin Exp Reprod Med. 42, 143–8.
- Fisch JD, Keskintepe L, Sher G.( 2008) Gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist/antagonist conversion with estrogen priming in low responders with prior in vitro fertilization failure. Fertil Steril. VOL89 ,N(2) ,PP.342–347. doi: 10.1016/j.fertnstert.2007.03.004.
- Yding Andersen, C. Possible new mechanism of cortisol action in female reproductive organs: physiological implications of the free hormone hypothesis2002.J.Endocrinol.,173,2311-231.
- Jones, MR., et al., Genetic determinants of polycystic ovary syndrome P El Hayek, S., Bitar, L., Hamdar, L. H., Mirza, F. G., & Daoud, G. 2016. rogress and future directions , J. Fertility and Sterility , 106-25.
- El Hayek, S., Bitar, L., Hamdar, L. H., Mirza, F. G., & Daoud, G .Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome: An Updated Overview 2016. J.Frontiers in physiology, 7, 124.
- Barbieri RL., Clinical manifestations of polycystic ovary syndrome in adults 2017. https://www.uptodate.com/home,
-Vilar, L., Abucham, J., Albuquerque, J.L., Araujo, L.A., Azevedo, M.F., Boguszewski, C.L., Casulari, L.A., Cunha Neto, M.B.C., Czepielewski, M.A. and Duarte, F.H.G., Controversial issues in the management of hyperprolactinemia and prolactinomas An overview by the Neuroendocrinology Department of the Brazilian Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism 2018. Arch. J. Endocrinol Metab., 62, 236–263.
- Raff H., Carroll T., Cushing's syndrome from physiological principles to diagnosis and clinical care2015, J. Physiol, VOL593,N(3),p.493-506.
- Michels A, Michels N., Addison disease: early detection and treatment principles 2014. Am Fam Physician, 89, (7),563-8.
-Ellen Anckaert, Johan Schiettecatte, Marleen Mees, Johan Smitz ,Clinical Validation of a Fully Automated 17β-Estradiol and Progesterone Assay (VIDAS®) for Use in Monitoring Assisted Reproduction Treatment 2002,Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine ,40, (8): 824-31 DOI:10.1515/CCLM.2002.143.
-Gan ,SD., and Patel ,KR., Enzyme immunoassay and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay 2013, J. of Investigative Dermatology; 133,(9), 12.
- Semman, et al .,(1994) Aging and Hypothalamic Pituitary Adrenal response to challenge in human., Endo Reviews, 233-260.
- Nicolson ,et al.,Salivary cortisol levels and stress reactivity in human aging 1997, J. Gerontol., 52 , 2, 68-75.
- Deuschle, M., Gotthardt, U., Schweiger, U., Weber, B., Korner, A., Schmider, J., Standhardt, H., Lammers .CH and Heuser I., With aging in humans the activity of the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal system increases and its diurnal amplitude flattens1997. j .Life Science, 61,2239–2246. (doi:10.1016/S0024-3205(97)00926-0).
- Ferdinand Roelfsema, Diana van Heemst, Ali Iranmanesh, Paul Takahashi, Rebecca Yang and Johannes D Veldhuis., Impact of age, sex and body mass index on cortisol secretion in 143 healthy adults, J. Endocrine Connections , 2017, 6, 500, 500–509
- Campino, C., Martinez-Aguayo, A., Baudrand, R., Carvajal, CA., Aglony, M., Garcia, H., et al.,( Age related changes in 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 activity in normotensive subjects. Am J. Hypertens. 2013, 26,(4), 481–7.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Noor Mahmood, Rana A. Al Saadi, Essra M. Al-Esawee , Farah A. Mohammed
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.